Sunday, August 11, 2013

August

My job as a stay-at-home-Mom is to educate, socialize and better my daughter's life until she is ready to go to school full-time. I am to be her educator at this very early stage. I have a little bit of a background in elementary education but not enough to actually teach in a public school. Over the past two years (birth through age 2), play time has been a big part of our lives. I didn't focus a lot on the learning aspect. It was more about growing and learning as she went. As we reach the preschool years, I thought it was more time to get serious and prepare her more for kindergarten. Most likely, she will be in a partial or full-time pre-K next year at age 4. So now at age 3, it is time to learn!

I've invited a couple friends to join in the learning process and share the wealth a little bit. I want to focus this year more on structure - a day schedule closer to a kindergarten schedule - only with leeway because she is only 3.

Her playroom is the perfect spot for a learning space. It has space for pretend play and space for learning.

I am still going through the curriculum but have narrowed down my themes for lesson plans and am in the process of setting up my classroom.

School begins September 9.

I will be using this blog to keep track of activities, schedules, plans, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment