Friday, August 23, 2013

August: Lesson Planning for September/Year

So we have library books today and what we check out today won't be back until Sept. 13 which is the end of the first week of school! So I had to put together my calendar today with themes so I could start planning and getting books I need!

I don't think I can put a whole excel sheet in here and honestly I don't feel like dealing with format right now LOL so here is what I can copy/paste from Excel... the list I got from http://dbsenk.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/planning-time/ via Pinterest (of course). It is a kindergarten theme for the year from 2009-2010. I just had to change the dates and of course make up my own lesson plans based around the themes. And since Zoe is only 3... cater it to a 3-year-old and not a kindergarten. No problem!

I am also in a Mom's group so I tried to incorporate upcoming play dates into the themes. This is just what I came up with today...



Week Dates Theme Play dates
Week 1 Sept. 9-13 School/Bears
Week 2 Sept. 16-20 Bears/MexicoMexican Independence Day, Cheeseburger Day
Week 3 Sept. 23-27 Apples Superheroes, Johhny Appleseed
Week 4 Sept. 30-Oct. 4 Me/Senses



and for lesson plans (def. still more research needs done...) I came up with ...



Lesson plans
Letter recognition (LR), number recognition (NR), colors, shapes. Focus: gross and fine motor skills
LR, NR, colors, shapes, Focus: science project
LR, NR, Colors, Shapes, Focus: art and music
LR, NR, Colors, Shapes, Focus: reviewing


This is what the Web site I got the themes from did but like I said it is for kindergarten level.... http://dbsenk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/scope-and-sequence.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment