Sunday, March 30, 2014

Earth Day/Recycle/Environment/Seeds Week

I didn't want to do a complete Earth Day theme so I kind of spread it out that way I could do a variety of activities over a few weeks.

Here are the books I'm using:

Up, Down and Around - Katherine Ayres (JE AYR)
The Tiny Seed - Eric Carle (J 582 C278t)
The Whole Green World - Tony Johnston (JE JOH)
Stuff! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Steven Kroll (JE KRO)
I Stink! - Kate McMullan (JE MCM)
The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (JE SEU)
10 Things I can do to help my world - Melanie Walsh (JE WAL)
Zinnia's Flower Garden - Monica Wellington (J 635 W452z)
Gabby and Grandma Go Green - Monica Wellington (JE WEL)
The Dumpster Diver - Janet Wong (JE WON)
Trashy Town - Andrea Zimmerman (JE ZIM)

I plan on talking about what we recycle and what we throw away. Hopefully plant something. Go on a walk and talk about what we see. Pick up litter or do something to save the planet. Do an Earth craft. Do a reuse material craft.

Books in addition to theme books
Alphabet Under Construction - Denise Fleming (JE FLE)
Good Night Gorilla - Peggy Rathmann (JE RAT)

No comments:

Post a Comment